Bioperl: Auto-configuration process for PreSeq.pm & Parse.pm

Chris Dagdigian cdagdigian@genetics.com
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:16:29 -0500

Hi folks,

Not having any experience with MakeMaker hacking and self-configuring perl
programs in general, I ended up just embedding simple code within the
Makefile.PL file that asks a user if they want to configure PreSeq.pm to user
Parse.pm and the ReadSeq program.  It takes a user submitted path and does a
series of in-place edits on Parse.pm to uncoment an exported global and supply
the local system-specific readseq path.

Since I've never done something like this I would appreciate any comments or
observations on the implementation.  Anything to make it more robust, efficient
or portable would be appreciated.

You can find the code on the web at:
http://www.ayf.org/~c_raffi/bioperl/Makefile.PL

Regards,