BioWidget meeting

Steve A. Chervitz sac@genome.stanford.edu
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 13:30:19 -0700 (PDT)

I recieved a message from Alan Robinson, the organizer of the EBI
BioWidget meeting, asking if I would be willing to give a to give a talk
on Bioperl. I told him yes and that it might be tag-team style talk. I'm
perfectly willing to split the talk with any of you who will be there. If
I'm the only speaker, I could touch on the Bioperl work you all have done
in addition to talking about my own work.

We need to submit a title ASAP and an abstract by 18 May. Since
this is going to be a community effort, how does this sound for a title:
"Bioperl: Object-Oriented Perl Modules for Bioinformatics". It's general
since the content of the talk is still not nailed down. I'll try to come
up with an initial outline/abstract soon. If any of you have specific
suggestions for the plan of the talk, i.e., what should definitely be
included/excluded, let me know.

Steve
Steve A. Chervitz            E-MAIL: sac@genome.stanford.edu
Department of Genetics          FAX: (415)723-7016
Stanford University             TEL: (415)725-8956
Stanford, CA 94305-5120        HTTP: www-genome.stanford.edu/~sac/