Bio::Seq / Steve's comments

Steven E. Brenner brenner@akamail.com
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 19:32:45 +0900 ()

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Georg Fuellen wrote:

> > > Would those go in Bio::Parse or Bio::Util or something? I really am quite
> > > new at dealing with modules and such :)
> >
> > I thought of Bio::Seq::Core or maybe Bio::Seq::Parse.  Do these seem
> > reasonable?
>
> I'd suggest Bio::Core, not Bio::Seq::Core.
> Also probably Bio::Parse, not Bio::Seq::Parse. After all, ReadSeq handles
> some multiple alignment formats, too.

Read*SEQ* (empahasis mine. (-: ) just reads *sequence* alignments.
Therefore, it should definitely be Bio::Seq::Parse.  (Bio::Parse would
also have to cover parsing structures and phylogenies and medical data and
...)

If anything, these seems to highlight why UnivAln would be be better as
Bio::Seq::UnivAln -- but I won't even propose that! :)