Bioperl/ANNOUNCE Boulderio 1.14 released

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:15:33 -0500 (EST)

=== This mail was sent via the Bioperl Announcement mailing list, see footer ===

Hi All,

I've just released version 1.14 of the BoulderIO parser libraries.
These libraries provide easy access to hierarchical tag/value data,
such as GenBank, XML and BLAST documents.  New in this version:

     1) Support for Boulder->XML and back again.
     2) Much improved support for Genbank Entrez access:
	a) uses batch entrez for big performance increases
	b) provides access to features tables -- for example,
	you can ask for all features that overlap a specified
	region.
     3) Support for both WU-Blast and NCBI Blast outputs.
     4) Improved support for SwissProt, Unigene, Medline, and
	OMIM, thanks to Luca Toldo.

Luca is currently working on the Java port of Boulder, which compiles
on some systems and not on others (due to libdb incompatibilities),
and on a LocusLink parser.  I am working on integrating Boulder with
the main bioperl distribution, and finding it very hard to reconcile
the data-oriented and object-oriented views of the world!

You can find Boulder in CPAN in the LDS directory, or at:

    http://stein.cshl.org/software/boulder

The Java version is also available at the above URL.

Lincoln

lstein@cshl.org			                  Cold Spring Harbor, NY

=========== Bioperl Project Announcement List Message Footer =======
Send contributions to vsns-bcd-perl-announce@lists.uni-bielefeld.de