Bioperl News

Georg Fuellen vsns-bcd-admcoord@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri, 8 May 1998 10:48:34 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings!

* There will be a Bioperl poster at this years ISMB meeting in Montreal,
  June 28 - July 1: http://www-lbit.iro.umontreal.ca/ISMB98/
  (ISMB = "Intelligent Systems For Molecular Biology")
  Note that early registration ends May 23 and saves >= 100$.
  for more information.

* There's currently a lively discussion on the developer's list at
  http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/mailinglists/BCD/vsns-bcd-perl/9805/index.html
  in particular about interfacing with the NCBI toolkit.
  If you're interested in such an interface (and more stuff like that),
  we'd appreciate it if you would voice your support on the list as well.
  (See http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Perl/Bio/welcome.html#mailg
  for suscription information).

* New releases of beta software can be expected next week;
  in particular a new version of UnivAln.pm is due, with support for
  many more alignment formats (some using Don Gilbert's ReadSeq package).
  The new beta version will be announced over the developer's list
  vsns-bcd-perl, see the URL above for suscription information.
  It will also be available from our homepage,
  http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Perl/Bio/
  Software shall also be uploaded to the CPAN archives soon.

best wishes,
Georg Fuellen, fuellen@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de, georg.fuellen@uni-bielefeld.de
Univ. Bielefeld, Research Group in Practical Comp Science, Fax +49 521 106 6411
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/~fuellen/, BioMOO:GeorgF, Fon .... 106 2903