[BioLib-dev] GSL

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Tue Aug 4 18:39:15 UTC 2009

I think you miss the venerable automake libtool autoconf tools. I just did a
fresh install in a new image - if they are missing cmake will give
errors. Once installed a fresh config.h will be generated by cmake.
With all the tools it should compile.

It is nasty, because for the first time we introduce ./configure and
friends into biolib. It should be possible to avoid that. The
complication is the generation of some include files.

You'll need to link against the gsl-5.0.0.so/dylib library. That requires a
new reference in the FindSWIG.cmake file. You may ignore that for now
and, after a succesful generation of config.h, just compile the
./contrib/gsl/xxx/xxx.c files into your shared library. See if it
works.

Ideally we use the gsl shared lib. I can fix that later.

Note also that the current setup won't work on Windows. As I have
introduced symlinks for the include files.

Pj.