[BioLib-dev] Merging libsequence into main

pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Sat Aug 1 07:02:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:18:26AM -0400, Xin Shuai wrote:
> Hi, I did pull your libsequence branch into my master_conflict branch.
> 140-182-128-142:biolib diavy$ git pull pjotrp libsequence
>
> However something reemerged:

>  mode change 100644 => 100755 .gitignore
>  mode change 100644 => 100755 CMakeLists.txt
>  mode change 100644 => 100755 INSTALL
>  mode change 100644 => 100755 LICENSE
>  mode change 100644 => 100755 PROJECTNAME
>  mode change 100644 => 100755 README
>  mode change 100644 => 100755 Rakefile
>  mode change 100644 => 100755 TODO
>  mode change 100644 => 100755 VERSION
>
> I remember the similar situation happened when I commited ( you said I
> changed the file permission!)
>
> Is it normal or abnormal? I really don't hope the same thing occurred!

What happened is I cloned your master branch. Next pulled from your
master_conflict branch. The master branch contained the old patch -
so it got merged in again. I think it advisable you remove the old
master branch to avoid confusion - or, better, synchronize the
master_conflict branch with your master branch. Something like this
can work:

  -- make a backup first of your tree
  git checkout master_conflict
  git branch -D master      # delete master
  git checkout -b master    # create new master
  git push -f github master # overwrite old master github/origin

That way the patch goes away forever.

I'll clone master_conflict now and merge my changes in again.

Pj.