[Biojava-l] how to cancel download chemcomp when parser a PDB file

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Fri Dec 17 15:24:16 UTC 2010

ok that behavior is fixed in SVN now. Now you can have setAlignSeqRes
set to true and it will not download chemical components if
loadChemComp is false. The drawback is that the data representation
will not be as precise.

Andreas

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Steve Darnell <darnells at dnastar.com> wrote:
> The SeqRes to Atom record alignment forces the use of chemical
> components to translate non-standard residues to their closest standard
> counterpart for the sequence alignment.  I have to disable
> setLoadChemCompInfo and setAlignSeqRes when I don't want to download
> chemical component files from RCSB when parsing a PDB file.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

Dr. Andreas Prlic
Senior Scientist, RCSB PDB Protein Data Bank
University of California, San Diego
(+1) 858.246.0526