[Biojava-l] Applet not able to find DNATools class.

Abhinav Ram Karhu abhi232 at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Nov 24 16:16:17 UTC 2007

Hello all,
I am having an error while loading the applet.

I am getting the following stack trace.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.biojava.bio.seq.DNATools
	at org.biojava.bio.program.abi.ABITrace.getSequence(ABITrace.java:161)
	at Trace.init(Trace.java:161)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have the directory structure in which I am having my class files , the php page and the biojava jar files together in one folder.

I also have org.biojava.bio.seq.DNATools imported in the java file Trace.java.

My applet code in the php page looks like this:

<applet code="Trace.class"  archive="biojava-1.5.jar , bytecode.jar" height=800 width=800>

Please suggest if I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Abhinav