[Biojava-l] [Biojava-dev] Project Contribution.

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Thu May 17 03:28:38 UTC 2007

Hi -

biojavax contains extensions to the basic biojava API's. (A bit like
java and javax). biojavax does require biojava because it extends it
and biojava 1.5 when released will be made up of both of them. On the
whole we recommend people use the biojavax API where it deprecates the
biojava API but both are retained for backwards compatibility. Please
note though that there are large parts of biojava that are not
deprecated by biojavax and which are still useful and needed.

Hope this helps,

- Mark