[Biojava-l] help on blast

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 30 10:44:29 EST 2005

Hi Parveen,

This might not be as easy as you might like.

The applet runs on the client, so you need the applet to communicate
remotely to the server to send the sequence. Then the easiest way would
be for the server to call blast on the command-line with the sequence
(which is pretty easy), parse the result and send it back to the client
applet.

I think RMI could do this, but I've never had to play with it.

Anyone has a better way to do this?

Francois