[Biojava-l] Looking for a Fisher(like) Kernel

Todd Riley toddri at eden.rutgers.edu
Thu Dec 1 17:06:39 EST 2005

Hello,

I have good news! I have fixed the bug in the BaumWelchTrainer class
(hopefully the source in CVS will be updated soon).

Now that I am able to train my Profile HMM, I would like to feed my HMM
into a Fisher Kernel to perform SVM training in order to find the proper
scoring threshold for proper classification (ie - use SVM classification
to set a barrier for my HMM log-odds scores).

Has anyone implemented a Fisher Kernel (or one like it) for the BioJava
SVM classes?  Any information here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd