[Biojava-l] Extensions not available to my executable Jars

andy hammer ahammer at genetics.utah.edu
Mon Feb 10 16:11:59 EST 2003

I have done away with adding biojava.jar ect... to my classpath and have put
them in the jre\lib\ext directory as "Installed Extensions."   My
application compiles and runs perfectly.  However, when I jar it into an
application, it cannot access the biojava.jar files. There is no error, the
application just doesn't do anything when a button is pushed that invokes
any biojava code.  Is there a way to make this work?

PS:  I can make the jar application work by using relative class-paths in
the manifest file.  But this requires the app to always be ran from the same
directory.  Because I have many users on different machines, I would prefer
to install the biojava.jar files as extensions so my application can
function regardless of which directory it is run from.

Andy Hammer