[Biojava-l] Announce: BioJava 1.20

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:17:47 +0000

Hi...

I've just finished uploading the usual source, binary,
and javadoc releases of BioJava 1.20, the first full release
from the 1.2 branch.  Get yours now from:

  http://www.biojava.org/download/

I'm planning to announce this on the website, and on freshmeat.net,
shortly.

Although the core interfaces have changed very little since
the 1.1 branch, the codebase has in fact virtually doubled in
size, and there's a huge amount of new and improved
functionality.  I'd urge anyone who hasn't been tracking
development closely to take a look at the API documentation:

   http://www.biojava.org/docs/api/

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this release:

   Brian King
   Cambridge Antibody Technology
   David Huen
   David Waring
   Doubletwist, Inc
   Gerald Loeffler
   Greg Cox
   Hanning Ni
   Keith James
   Kim Rutherford
   Mark Schreiber
   Matthew Pocock
   Mayo Foundation
   Michael Heuer
   Michael Jones
   Netgenics
   Ron Kuhn
   Samiul Hasan
   Thad Welch
   Thomas Down
   Tony Watkins

And, of course, to everyone who's reported bugs and asked
questions!

I'd especially like to thank Keith James, who was responsible
for setting up the automated junit test suite, and writing
many of the tests.  This has definitely helped reliability,
and I hope we can further improve test coverage during the
next development cycle.

Anyway, enjoy this release!

     Thomas