[Biojava-l] Alignment.sequenceIterator()

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:40:04 +0100

Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> I may be missing the issue here but why not make a SymbolList iterator.
> If a Sequence is added to the Alignment it will forever be a Sequence so
> a quick instanceof test when retreiving SymbolLists from the iterator
> could automagically turn it back into a Sequence again.
>
> - Mark

After talking with several people on chat and e-mails, we've plumped for
migrating to Iterator symbolListIterator() that returns an iterator over
each symbol list in the alignment. I hope this change doesn't cause too
many upsets.

Matthew