[Biojava-l] Translations

Cox, Greg gcox@netgenics.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:49:57 -0400

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.  There's some confusion with
"symbol": in the BioJava sense this isn't neccessarily atomic.  To check if
one is, call getMatches() and see if that returns an alphabet of size 1 or
not.

The other half is in TranslationTables.xml.  There are translations of most
encodings already there, they can be retrieved via
RNATools.getGeneticCode(name of translation).  If you have problems
translating ambiguous codons correctly, that's a know bug and is being fixed
now.

These comments apply to biojava-live.  The release version has symbols but
only the universal translation table.

If this isn't what you're looking for, let me know and I'll take another
stab at it.  As soon as you tell me what "wobbled" is.

Greg