[Fwd: Re: [Biojava-l] readFastaProtein ?]

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:36:27 +0000

--------------000209020303030306080303
 filename="Re: [Biojava-l] readFastaProtein ?"

>From - Fri Nov 30 15:24:42 2001
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:16:28 +0000
From: Matthew Pocock <mrp@sanger.ac.uk>
To: jmadec@sinfobio.com
Subject: Re: [Biojava-l] readFastaProtein ?

Hi Josselin,

I found this code lurking in the 1_10 branch:

     private static SymbolParser getProteinParser() {
	try {
	    return DNATools.getDNA().getParser("token");
	} catch (BioException ex) {
	    throw new BioError(ex, "Assertion failing: Couldn't get PROTEIN token
parser");
	}
     }

This uses DNATools! Oops. It is fixed on the main BioJava trunk (which
you can access via anonymous CVS using the instructions a
cvs.biojava.org). If you have source-code for the 1_10 release, you can
fix this problem yourself. If not, I can send you a patched
biojava-1_10.jar. Either way, I will make sure that this is fixed in CVS
on that branch.

Does this solve your problem, or do you need more help?

Matthew

ps sory for any hastle caused - your test code & file made finding the
problem much easier
.

--------------000209020303030306080303--