[Biojava-l] Tests checked in

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
15 May 2001 21:40:38 +0100

Okay, I've checked in the build.xml changes:

  targets:

    compile
    compiletests compiles JUnit tests
    package      builds the biojava.jar file (default)
    runtests     runs JUnit tests
    javadocs
    dist
    dist-zip    'binary' release (jar & documentation) in zip format
    dist-tgz    'binary' release (jar & documentation) in tar.gz format
    dist-both    both dist-zip & dist-tgz
    clean        cleans up the build & dist directories

The source and tests are maintained parallel to each other:

biojava-live/src/org/biojava/
biojava-live/tests/org/biojava/

ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/
ant-build/src/tests/org/biojava/

ant-build/classes/main/org/biojava/
ant-build/classes/tests/org/biojava/

If you don't have JUnit and Ant 1.3 everything should behave as
before. If you do, and it is on $CLASSPATH, then 'ant runtests' should
compile and run the (currently 3 x 7) tests. Tests are selected from
the test path with the pattern "**/*Test*".

The test logs are saved in biojava-live/reports/tests

Incidentally, the PointLocationTest is showing an error because

LocationTools.intersection(new PointLocation(1), new PointLocation(1))

is throwing a NullPointerException and I haven't had time to fix
this. But at least the tests are showing up bugs ;)

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA