[Biojava-l] migrating to biocorba 0.2

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:43:45 +0100

Hi Jason,

The old idl2java compiler had two modes - one that generated stubs that
you then sub-classed  to provide the implementation and another that
generated stubs that delegated off to an Operations interface that
looked remarkably like the IDL. It looks like the 1.3 compiler is
producing the first sort of interface by inheriting in the Operations.
If you look in org.biocorba.seqcore.AnonymousSeq you will find the
'missing' methods.

Jason Stajich wrote:

> I'm running java 1.3, idlj comes with it rather than idltojava.
>
> When I run it I get an interface produced:
>
> package org.biocorba.seqcore;
>
> /**
> * org/biocorba/seqcore/PrimarySeq.java
> * Generated by the IDL-to-Java compiler (portable), version "3.0"
> * from ../idl/biocorba.02-01-2001.idl
> * Monday, March 26, 2001 12:09:22 PM EST
> */
>

> // have the identical value.
> public interface PrimarySeq extends PrimarySeqOperations,
> org.biocorba.seqcore.A
> nonymousSeq
, org.omg.CORBA.portable.IDLEntity