[Biojava-l] Blast Parsing Framework re: was biojava Blast parser proposal

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:18:13 +0000

> It's not a perfect implementation but I believe it to be a decent start.
> As I told Matthew and Terry via email I'm open to licensing it under the
> biojava org's licensing criteria. As Simon points out there is not a
> Blast result parser/reformatter package with all of the desired
> features. The amount of work to develop from scratch this feature list
> is not a trivial or a weekend effort. I'm open to working with the group
> using the two products as a base for a "rape and paste"
> redesign/refactoring effort to build a more robust and comprehensive
> parser base.

This sounds great Wayne - much preferable to us duplicating a load of stuff
you've already done.  Let's do it!  Let us know when you can get your code
into the biojava cvs.

Simon
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.