[Biojava-l] status? Blast parser?

Triplett, Terry Terry.Triplett@wl.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:54:18 -0500

> a) Do people actually want parsers for Blast, Hmmer etc?

Yes.

> If the answer is yes:
>
> b) What do people want to use them for - we'd like to make

Over the short term being able to get at the information for reports or
further analysis, and the ability to dump HTML (with some control over
format/layout) would be great.  That allows prototypes and simple apps to be
created with a minimum of fuss - with timelines being what they are, simple
and quick is important.  Over the long term, the scenario that Matthew
described sounds really compelling and it would definitely be nice to see
things move in that direction.