[Biojava-l] Preparation for a 1.1 release?

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:21:30 +0000

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 05:19:20PM +0000, Simon Brocklehurst wrote:
> > Does anyone have any problems with the tentative target of
> > getting a 1.10 release out sometime early in the new year?
>
> My vote would be for the end of Jan (does this count as being early New
> Year?).

That sounds fine to me -- I guess I'd been thinking in terms
of a feature-freeze soon after people get back in January
(assuming everything is going well), and a release ~1 month
after that.

Matthew's just walked in a cast a vote for a St. Valentine's day
release.  We shall see...

> My reason for this is that in our project plans at CAT during Dec and
> Jan, we have an activity to replace our current internal code for
> Blast-like parsing with the new SAX stuff we wrote for biojava.

Sounds good,

``If I was going to carry a large axe on my back to a diplomatic
function I think I'd want it glittery too.''
           -- Terry Pratchett