[Biojava-l] (no subject)

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:39:30 +0100

Helo Ravi,

Ravi Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the great efforts in releasing Biojava.
> Just downloaded ver 1.00 and looks like its performing
> smoothly.

* Blush *

> Couple of harmless changes in the getting started page
> http://www.biojava.org/docs/started.html
> which could keep the beginners spirits high..
>
> 1. CLASSPATH for Windows:
> From: set CLASSPATH C:\biojava.jar;C:\xml.jar;.
> To:   set CLASSPATH=C:\biojava.jar;C:\xml.jar;.

The first line is correct when in a shell. The second is correct from
within a batch file. If you type a set bla=fob from the command line,
then it sets a variable called 'bla=fob' to have value "" (at least from
the Win98 command line I used yesterday). I have updated the docs.

> 2. Building the demo programs:
> From: java seq.TestEmbl seq/ALL121903.embl
> To:   java seq.TestEmbl seq/AL121903.embl
> since the file in the demos/seq directory is
> AL121903.embl

Done.  Actualy, AL121903.embl should only have been distributed in the
files directory, not the seq directory as well. Oh well - it is out
there now.

> -Ravi

By the way, when people edit the web site, can they check that files are
group-writable? Thanks.

Matthew