[Biojava-dev] release process

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Fri Apr 1 18:15:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

actually BioJava has a release process as well:

http://biojava.org/w/index.php?title=BioJava:Make_release&redirect=no

Currently the following people are set up to perform releases:

Spencer Bliven,
Michael Heuer,
Jose Duarte,
Anthony Bradley,
myself

About the alpha release: I took the executive decision to push those and
taught Anthony how to do this.  We are working on some major improvements
for the protein structure modules. We will support a new file format that
will allow to store all of PDB in memory. In preparation of this we did a
few alpha releases, to make the migration of the code go more smoothly.
They are not meant as main releases, but what they are, "alpha" builds.

Andreas