[Biojava-dev] mmCIF parser development

Steve Darnell darnells at dnastar.com
Tue Oct 27 22:24:37 UTC 2015

@Andreas, will do.

@Peter, we have been using the createAtomBonds property in FileParsingParameters. We observed that the ligand bonds are referencing the “new” chain ID from the mmCIF file rather than the “legacy” chain ID (also included in the record); we currently rely on the legacy ID. Bond objects for the hemes in hemoglobin (4HHB) are clearly being created. Currently, we are looking into whether BioJava uses different chain IDs during different parsing workflows or whether our existing glue code for interacting with BioJava contains incorrect chain references.