[Biojava-dev] Post-release branches

Spencer Bliven sbliven at ucsd.edu
Mon Feb 2 08:59:04 UTC 2015

We need to keep the most inclusive branch (5.0) named 'master' due to
assumptions by many kinds of software. We already have a 'release' branch
which contains only the official releases, for those who want to check out
stable versions via git. I'm going to go ahead and set up 'patch' and
'minor' branches.

Andreas, thanks for the SourceTree suggestion. I will try that out. It
looks like a step up from my current software-of-choice, gitx
<http://gitx.frim.nl/> (mac only). Does anyone know a good linux git GUI? I
currently use gitk for viewing trees and diffs, but I'd really like
something that lets you cleanly see diffs when staging and committing (and
ideally enables staging of individual lines & blocks, like gitx).

-Spencer