[Biojava-dev] DNASequence and reverse complement

Hannes Brandstätter-Müller biojava at hannes.oib.com
Wed May 1 14:41:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am a bit unclear about DNASequence and Features in biojava3...
Say I want to attach meta info to a sequence (like quality scores for
fastq, or other numbers to single bases, how would be the intended or best
way be?
Single features for each base? One Feature holding a list of values?

Following that, what if I need a reverse complement DNASequence from the
previous sequence, how would I do that? The reverseComplement() "only"
gives me a SequenceView, and how would I ensure the attached values from
the Feature stay consistent?

Hannes