[Biojava-dev] find mutation motif

Spencer Bliven sbliven at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 22 22:22:56 UTC 2013

One thing you could do is perform a local alignment of the regions around
each mutation (say, 5-10 nucleotides on either side, depending on the
length of motif you expect). If they do in fact all come from one motif
that should give you a sequence profile for it. Then you can map the SNP
locations back onto that profile to look for functionally important
positions.

-Spencer