[Biojava-dev] GSoC

Annika Lee annika2006 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 09:11:16 UTC 2013

I've just discovered this project and am interested in the GSoC program.
>From my brief exploration of this site, I think I am most intrigued by the
problem of "Improving structural alignment datastructures to support
topology-independent alignments." My background is application development
(java) but I have recently been studying molecular biology and will begin
working on my Masters degree in bioinformatics this fall. I'm a big fan of
open source projects, though this would be my first time contributing to
one.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am excited to explore
BioJava and to look into this opportunity.

~Annika