[Biojava-dev] compilation of 1.8.2

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Wed May 23 17:11:10 UTC 2012

It seems we need to roll back the code from
biojava3-structure-3.0-alpha1-sources.jar in the 1.8 -legacy SVN.

I was trying to discourage the use of legacy versions of the structure
modules, because the structure code in the 3.X series is
backwards-compatible (unlike the other modules). Hence the code for
this module got taken out, but it seems it was not a good idea.
Originally we were considering to release different modules at
different speeds.  As such a mix of versions numbers would have been
ok, however so far we have always released all modules at the same
time and this discussion shows we should keep it like that...

Note: although it is labeled structure-3.0-alpha1 it is actually the
module that matches the 1.8 series. (You can see this on the date
stamps)

Andreas