[Biojava-dev] Biojava3 and GenBank files

Thiago Satake maruco at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 23:43:09 UTC 2012

Hi Scooter,

Yesterday I was taking a look at FASTA Reader and I started working on
GenBank Reader using the same approach. I have created some class called
GenBankReader, GenBankReaderHelper, GenericGenBankHeaderFormat and
GenericGenBankHeaderPerse. Now, I am working on the implementation of
process method.

I not sure if it is ok for biojava project, but I would like to read
GenBank file like we are reading fasta file:
LinkedHashMap<String, DNASequence> a =
GenBankReaderHelper.readGenBankDNASequence(new File(args[0]));

I think that will be useful.

If my peace of code make sense I can share with you if you like.

Thanks

On 11 June 2012 10:28, Scooter Willis <HWillis at scripps.edu> wrote:

> Thiago
>
> We don't have GenBank support in BioJava3. I have it on my todo list and
> will see if I can make some progress this week.
>
> Thanks
>
> Scooter
>
> On 6/10/12 4:36 PM, "Thiago Satake" <maruco at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I need to read and write genbank files, gff, etc...
> >
> >Can I parse GenBank files using biojava3 or should I use biojava-legacy
> >for
> >that ?
> >

> >Thanks
> >
> >--