[Biojava-dev] Likely error in FatCatRigid

Thornton Robert robert.thornton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 01:05:05 UTC 2012

Greetings,

In wandering through the code, I noticed that FatCatRigid had the following code:

	public void setParameters(ConfigStrucAligParams parameters) {
		if (! (parameters instanceof FatCatParameters)){
			throw new IllegalArgumentException("Provided parameters are not of type FatCatParameters!");
		}
		params = (FatCatParameters) params;
	}

I suspect the last line of the method is an error (just self assignment and ignores the parameter value passed in) and should actually read:

		params = (FatCatParameters) parameters;

Alternatively, the line (or method) should be removed as then it wouldn't do anything.  There doesn't appear to be a test class to go with this so I didn't want to change it without asking around.

Regards,
Rob