[Biojava-dev] Bug when reading FASTA file with many DNA Sequences

Mapleson Daniel Dr (CMP) D.Mapleson at uea.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 16:40:39 UTC 2011

Scooter,

Yup, I'll keep that in mind going forward, although I suspect our use case will involve going back to the sequence more than once in some instances.

However, readFastaDNASequence is pretty swift now so we could manage this to some extent by removing the hashmap and calling the readFastaDNASequence with lazysequenceload again if required.  Not ideal, but it's a workaround in a case where we had to remove a particular sequence from the hashmap to save memory, and then later realised we need it again.

Is there some place I can view the latest changes to the biojava jars on your wiki?  I'd like to keep an eye on new functionality that gets added.

Best regards,
Dan