[Biojava-dev] BioJava 3 current status

Pedro Silva pedros at berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 27 19:55:05 UTC 2010

On 30 Jun 2010, at 12:18, Andreas Prlic wrote:

> About BioJava 3: This has made great progress over the last weeks and
> a lot of new functionality has been committed to SVN. To make this
> release ready there are now two new tools:
>
> * There is now a BioJava Maven repository, which is hosting SNAPSHOT
> builds from the current SVN.

Hi Andreas,

A couple questions about Biojava 3, with which I'm trying to interoperate from Clojure:

1. You mention SVN above, but I also see an active git repository at github.
   Is that only a mirror, and active development occurs at biojava.org's svn repo?
2. Are all non biojava3-prefixed modules in the Maven repository not suitable to use with Biojava 3?
   Eg., biosql, das, etc.
3. Will the Maven repository eventually also host releases, not just snapshots?
   How far along would a release be?

To provide some context, I've started coding on 'Bioclojure', and my strategy is to position my efforts downstream from Biojava (3).
To that end, I'm trying to figure out the best way to pull development snapshots and stable releases from you guys, as well as
your current state of affairs in the porting of biojava1/biojavax to biojava3.

Thanks for your help.

Pedro
--
Pedro Silva <pedros at berkeley.edu>