[Biojava-dev] Errors versus Exceptions

PATERSON Trevor trevor.paterson at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 18 09:22:39 UTC 2010

Yes... But...

If our implementation relies on a lazy load underneath every Sequence method implementation..

Then every method can throw an IO type Exception

In essence you can instantiate a valid Sequence object with a LazyLoading Reader before you get the valid SequenceData,
unlike the case where you can check that you can make a valid Sequence object from the Reader.