[Biojava-dev] Biojava3-Core

Spencer Bliven sbliven at ucsd.edu
Wed May 12 23:11:42 UTC 2010

Regarding diff tools, I think all the major tools ignore whitespace if you
set up the options right. In eclipse, this can be changed by right clicking.
For diff, use 'diff -b'. for svn, use 'svn diff -x -b'. Meld (linux) and
FileMerge (mac) also can easily switch back and forth. I assume the same is
true in netbeans, although I've never used it.

That said, a good diff tool won't prevent the annoyance of trying to read
code with inconsistent whitespace. Lets set a standard (I like 4 spaces too)
and all agree to stick to it. Setting up pre-commit hooks in SVN seems like
it's usually more trouble than its worth (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1017953?tab=votes#tab-top).

-Spencer