[Biojava-dev] Sequence interface - exceptions

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Tue Jul 20 00:49:20 UTC 2010

Hi Jake,

Thanks for this. Would it be possible to add a "Cookbook" page for how to
use the NCBISequence reader as well? Some examples would be great... I
understand the NCBI now requires scripts to provide email address etc....
Would be good to explain how to do this. We just started to work on more
docu here:

http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook3.0

Thanks,
Andreas

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 6:49 AM, <jake at researchtogether.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been drawing up a design for the work I have done on the NCBI
> SequenceReader and I've talked through some things with Scooter which I have
> put on the wiki at:
> http://www.biojava.org/wiki/BioJava3_NCBISequenceReader_Design#Design_Overview
>
> One thing I would like to throw open for discussion is the possibility of
> changing the Sequence interface so that the methods can throw a new
> exception - SequenceException.
>
> Any opinions? :)
>
> Cheers,
> Jake

Dr. Andreas Prlic
Senior Scientist, RCSB PDB Protein Data Bank
University of California, San Diego
(+1) 858.246.0526