[Biojava-dev] Creating Junit test units

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Wed Jul 14 23:39:58 UTC 2010

Hi Sylvain,

Cool, thanks for getting this started.  There are junit tests in most of the
other modules. Probably best to take a look at them as a template. Should be
pretty straightforward from there.

In terms of biojava-3 the RichSequence representation is still from the old
biojava 1.7 design. Can you try to use the new sequence code base?

Andreas

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Sylvain Foisy <
sylvain.foisy at inflammgen.org> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> I created a new module called biojava3-ws to collect all (wow, am I
> ambitious...) stuff related to using Web services :data submission,
> processing and results collection. I hope I did not break anything...
>
> I am starting to look into creating JUnit test units to complete this,
> something that I never done before. Do you have some pointers toward some
> tutorial material for this? It's my first coding in more than 2-3 years...
>
> BTW, I am still using RichSequence objects to feed into the BLAST requests
> but are these objects having a future with biojava3? What should be used
> instead?
>
> Best regards and apologies if these are stupid questions...
>
> Sylvain

> Sylvain Foisy, Ph. D.
> Chargé de projet / Project Manager
> Bio-informatique
>
> Adresse postale:
>
> Laboratoire de genetique et medecine genomique de l'inflammation
> Institut de cardiologie de Montreal
> 5000 Belanger
> Montreal, Qc
> H1T 1C8
>
> T: 514-376-3330 x.2299 | F: 514-593-2539
> M: sylvain.foisy at inflammgen.org
> W: http://www.inflammgen.org

Dr. Andreas Prlic
Senior Scientist, RCSB PDB Protein Data Bank
University of California, San Diego
(+1) 858.246.0526