[Biojava-dev] biojava SVN

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Fri Apr 30 15:44:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

The BioJava SVN has not been fully compiling ever since the Hackathon. I
guess things were quite in flux the last months and it is now time to make
sure SVN fully compiles again.  There is a few things we need to figure out
in order for that:

* Jar files for libraries that are not in a public Maven repository. Jules :
at some point you indicated that we might be able to get such jar files
hosted by the EBI Maven repository. Do you think that is still an
possibility and could you get a few libraries into that? In particular that
would be Jmol, Astex, and probably one or two other Jar files. That would
make the BioJava checkout process much smoother and not require a developer
to manually install jars for full functionality.

* We have a couple of modules that are fragmented and broken. This is due to
historic leftovers from when we started the re-factoring process. If all the
functionality has been moved into the new biojava3-core module, I would vote
for removing the modules starting with sequence*

Andreas

Dr. Andreas Prlic
Senior Scientist, RCSB PDB Protein Data Bank
University of California, San Diego
(+1) 858.246.0526