[Biojava-dev] Eclipse + maven woes...

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Mon Apr 19 03:33:00 UTC 2010

Sylvain Foisy wrote:

> Again, I feel stupid asking these newbie questions... I finally got my and
> on a new MacBook Pro and re-installing the apps to get stuff moving. As
> usual (I am sorry to say...), Eclipse and Maven are giving me a fit to do a
> checkout of the developer's tree.
>
> I have installed the latest Subversion and Maven plugins. When I want to
> create a new project, I try the following:
>
> 1) I right click to select "New > Other..." in the Navigator panel;
>
> 2) I select "SVN > Project from SVN", which leads me to a window where the
>  location of the developer's tree is in svn+ssh; in the window that comes
> up next, I use this URL to get the "Finish" button activated:
>
>  svn+ssh://dev.open-bio.org/home/svn-repositories/biojava/biojava-live/trunk
>
> 3) After that, I choose the "Check out as a project configured using the New
> Project Wizard", which pop the window where I select "Maven > Maven
> Project".
>
> 4) I get a "New Maven Project" window where I select the default. The window
> then changes to a "Select archetype" where I also use the default
> selections.

This last step doesn't sound right, here Eclipse is creating a brand new
Maven project for you instead of creating a Maven-based project from the
metadata already in subversion.

In the SVN window you should see "Check out as Maven Project" when you
right-click, unless that has changed with newer versions of the maven
plugin.

   michael