[Biojava-dev] Plans for next biojava release - modularization

Scooter Willis HWillis at scripps.edu
Wed May 13 00:23:30 UTC 2009

Andreas

A follow up point related to Mark's comment could be that parsing blast output would not be required or less important if we provide a clean BioJava API to make the web service call with BioJava data structure inputs and give back BioJava data structure outputs. This saves the step of the user doing the web query, file save, parse etc. It would be interesting to know how many users run their own BLAST server for privacy reasons.

Scooter