[Biojava-dev] Leadership

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Tue Mar 24 10:56:18 UTC 2009

A while back I indicated privately that I no longer really have the time
to dedicate to properly running and managing the BioJava project.
Recently Andreas Prlic has been doing a fantastic job in performing the
most important tasks such as monitoring bugzilla and making releases,
which has helped mask my absence.

Ideally I'd like to hand over to someone who can find time to put in
place a proper management structure with several people who each have
specific responsibilities, including someone who can create and sustain
a long-term vision and plan for the project (specifically completing
BioJava 3 based on the building blocks and example code that are already
in place). Whether that someone ends up leading the project or not I
don't think is relevant - what's relevant is that they can construct the
appropriate management structure and find the right people to do the
right jobs.

Would anyone like to volunteer? I'm asking the whole of biojava-dev in
the hope that this list reaches all our current contributors and
interested parties.

I think the best way to do this is to collect nominations, then place it
to the vote. Please email nominations to me by 31st March.

thanks,
Richard

--
Richard Holland, BSc MBCS