[Biojava-dev] AbstractMethodError while enriching a sequence

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Wed Mar 11 02:20:12 UTC 2009

Adding methods to an interface will break any previous implementation of
that interface because it will no longer comply. In this case I think it
is OK as 'upgrading' any implementation would be pretty easy.

I would also agree that it should be done before 1.7 as it is a
reoccurring problem and will take ages to enter into an official release.

- Mark

biojava-dev-bounces at lists.open-bio.org wrote on 03/11/2009 08:23:14 AM:

> Can you commit it before this release? otherwise it will take ages
> again before this change is part of the main code base...
> adding methods should not brake anything...
> Andreas
>
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM, George Waldon
> <gwaldon at geneinfinity.org> wrote:
> > Thank you very much Richard for your input. I have opened bug
> #2787 on this question.  Since the addition of a new method could
> break some codes, I propose to implement this solution after the
> incoming release of biojava 1.7.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > George

Biojava
> >> still builds without error and passes all tests.

> >> and comments are more than welcome. Maybe Richard Holland could
comment
> >> his choice for this 'rich' method.

RichSequence.Tools.
> >> This may remove the need for enrichment?

org.biojava.bio.seq.projection.TranslateFlipContext__org_biojavax_bio_seq_
> >> RichFeature.getAnnotation()Lorg/biojavax/RichAnnotation;
Method)

> >> 39)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorIm
> >> pl.java:25)

org.biojava.bio.seq.impl.TemplateUtils.populate(TemplateUtils.java:125)

org.biojava.bio.seq.impl.TemplateUtils.makeTemplate(TemplateUtils.java:135
> >> )

org.biojava.bio.seq.projection.ProjectedFeature.makeTemplate(ProjectedFeat