[Biojava-dev] AbstractMethodError while enriching a sequence

George Waldon gwaldon at geneinfinity.org
Tue Mar 10 06:13:42 UTC 2009

Hi,

I got this problem again and needed to solve it. The culprit is the method 'public RichAnnotation getAnnotation()' in RichAnnotatable, which overrides 'Annotation getAnnotation()' in Annotatable and interferes with method invocation. Removal of this method solves the problem, nicely I would say, thanks for the folks who wrote the projection package. Biojava still builds without error and passes all tests.

If it is ok, I'd like to commit the change. This is an interface change and comments are more than welcome. Maybe Richard Holland could comment his choice for this 'rich' method.

Thanks,
George