[Biojava-dev] Extended ABIF Parser and SCF Writer

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Fri Jun 19 05:23:22 UTC 2009

Hi Franklin -

If there is a good argument for making the protected setBaseCallAlignment
method public then we could look at changing this so you don't need to use
reflection.  As you say in your code comments this reflection will not
work unless the security policy allows it which will not be the case in
many systems.

Another alternative would be to modify ABIFChromatogram and provide a
public method that lets people safely call the setBaseCallAlignment
(requires write access to the SVN). Finally you could extend
ABIFChromatogram and add a public method that will call the protected
method (of course this won't work if the method is private).

Nice to see well documented code!

- Mark

biojava-dev-bounces at lists.open-bio.org wrote on 06/19/2009 10:31:13 AM:

> Hi Everyone,
> I've just spent the last few days putting together an extended ABIF
parser
> and and SCF writer.  The parser that I wrote extends the existing
ABIFParser