[Biojava-dev] Licenses

Richard Holland dicknetherlands at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 12:01:21 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I know this has been asked before, but it has been pointed out again
from our friends at the Debian project that licence declarations are
missing from several source files in the BioJava subversion
repository, particularly the bytecode packages. This prevents it from
being packaged up as a Debian .deb file, as their requirements are
that licence declarations appear in every single source file inside
the file.

It would be very useful if everyone who has ever contributed to
BioJava could go and check their files and make sure they are licenced
correctly (LGPL). I know that's a tall order, but we really do need to
find everyone - even if you can't make the changes yourself, you do
need to give me or someone else on this list permission to make the
changes for you.

cheers,
Richard