[Biojava-dev] Sequence and Feature

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Mon Aug 3 08:01:57 UTC 2009

Yes, Feature.getSequence() is intended only to return the sequence of
the feature itself - so it would be fine not to store the whole
genomic sequence, and instead just store locations referring to it.

Have you looked into the existing Alignment classes in BioJava? They
might be of some help to you.

cheers,
Richard