[Biojava-dev] biojava 3 - java version

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 11:28:56 UTC 2008

Yes I believe it is possible to get a module compiled against a
different type of Java as seen here:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/howto.html

However to do this properly it requires compiling the code using the 1.5
JDK sources especially if we are going to leverage the API as much as we
can. My group has already encountered this with changes to the
java.sql.Connection interfaces meaning we have to compile against 1.5
sources.

Andy