[Biojava-dev] BOSC 2008 Announcement and Call For Submissions

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed May 7 10:01:25 UTC 2008

Hi Michael,

It would be great to have a biojava presentation at BOSC.  I am not
aware of anybody else preparing for this, so please go ahead!
Let me know if you need any help with the abstract. I won't be able
to attend ISMB this year...

Cheers,
Andreas

On 7 May 2008, at 06:18, Michael Heuer wrote:

> All,
>
> The BOSC abstract submission deadline is near.  Is there interest in
> giving a "Bio* Open Source Project Updates" presentation?  Or
> perhaps just
> a lightning talk?
>
> I am willing to help with the abstract and should be at BOSC to
> give the
> presentation if no one else can make it.
>
>    michael
>

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 darin.london at duke.edu wrote:
>

>> BOSC 2008 Call for Abstracts Reminder
>>
>> The 9th annual Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC 2008)
>> will take place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, as one of several
>> Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings occurring in conjunction
>> with the 16th annual Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology
>> Conference (ISMB 2008).
>>
>> This is a reminder to submit your proposals for talks to the BOSC
>> submission system before May 11.
>>
>> Submission Process:
>> All abstracts must be submitted through our Open Conference
>> Systems site (http://events.open-bio.org/BOSC2008/openconf.php).
>> The form will ask for a small Abstract Text to be pasted into it,
>> and a full paper.  The small Abstract text should be a summary,
>> while the longer abstract (should provide more details, including
>> the open-source license requirement details)
>> Full-length abstracts are limited to one page with one inch (2.5
>> cm) margins on the top, sides, and bottom.  The full-length
>> abstract should include the title, authors, and affiliations.  We
>> prefer your abstract to be in PDF format, although plain t
>>
>> Important Dates:
>> May 11: Abstract submission deadline.
>> June 2: Notification of accepted talks.
>> June 4: Early registration discount cut-off.
>> July 18-19: BOSC 2008!
>>
>> We hope to see you at BOSC 2008!
>>
>> Kam Dahlquist and Darin London
>> BOSC 2008 Co-organizers

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
                               +44 (0) 1223 49 6891