[Biojava-dev] Genbank Feature extraction question.

Richard Holland holland at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jan 30 08:53:29 UTC 2008

Hello.

If you are using the BioJavaX parsers as opposed to the older deprecated
ones, then yes, the information is there.

Your parser will be returning instances of RichSequence (there will be a
nextRichSequence or getRichSequence method depending on the way in which
you are using the parser and/or iterator).

Features on a RichSequence are all instances of RichFeature.

Locations for RichFeatures are all instances of RichLocation.

If you cast appropriately (or locate and find the getRich* equivalents
of the get* methods you already using on the non-Rich interfaces) then
you will find that RichLocation does have a getStrand method which will
give you the information you need.

cheers,
Richard